Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces

Yep, this is one I need! With the Church measuring a tight 7m x 5m my creativeness needs to SHINE!

According to Maxwell, size constraints can actually unlock your design creativity and allow you to focus on what’s essential. Well that is what I need!

He shares forty small, cool spaces which he claims will change your thinking forever.

From the blurb:
These apartments and houses demonstrate hundreds of inventive solutions for creating more space in your home, and for making it more comfortable. Leading us through entrances, living rooms, kitchens and dining rooms, bedrooms, home offices, and kids’ rooms, Apartment Therapy’s Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces is brimming with ingenious tips and ideas, such as:
 Shifting the sense of scale through contrasting colors
  • Adding airiness by using transparent collections
  • Utilizing the area under a loft bed for a kitchen and mini-bar
  • Tucking an office with chic vintage doors into an unused bedroom corner

My going with The Book Depository because they are super cheap and have free world wide delivery.
Are there any other books I should buy? For decor, design, home keeping?

4 comments:

  1. Don't know of any sorry. Love your new header - great photo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header too! Very clean looking. Don't know of any other books. I think I'll need books quite the opposite considering one of my rooms in the house will be 9m x 11m!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherie! I know what you mean. The last build I did out master bed was the size of the Church! We had a good laugh last night about that.

    I am getting excited though!

    ReplyDelete